Principles of Naturopathy
Do no harm
Adhere to the healing laws of nature
Identify and treat the cause
Treat the whole person
Doctor as teacher
The Natural Medicine Approach
Naturopathy recognises your unique individuality and wholeness. Health and disease involve a complex interaction of physical, mental, emotional, dietary, genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors. Using a Natural Medicine framework, I assess your situation and use therapies that are safe, gentle, effective and support the body's ability to heal.
1. I take the time to connect with you, to build trust and rapport. That's why initial consultations take an hour or more, so that we have plenty of time.
2. I help support your body with protocols based on both the latest research and a long history of traditional use. Continual research and upskilling is a part of my commitment to my clients.
3. I work within a Natural Medicine framework that focuses on people. This is not the same as a conventional medical-based approach which focuses on matching diseases with associated drugs. I see myself as aligning with Nature, and stimulating the healing power of Nature. This may involve gentle methods such as hydrotherapy (water therapy), herbal medicine and dietary or lifestyle advice such as walking daily. I am always addressing the underlying root causes of conditions, and not just the symptoms.
4. I address the systems and organs in your body to regenerate and rebalance using specific herbs, nutrition, diet and lifestyle. This refers to, for example:
strengthening your immune system
nourishing the nervous system and adrenals
supporting release of toxins
addressing digestion including elimination
5. One of my main roles is to educate, to help you understand what is going on in your life and your body, and how you can support your body's natural healing processes. This is empowering and involves you taking some responsibility for moving forward.
6. We move forward at your pace of sustainable change. That means, even though I will talk to you about eating a healthy diet and some lifestyle changes, I am not the food police, and I recognise that change can only occur at a rate that is achievable for you. We will set you up for success, not failure. I want you inspired, not disheartened.
7. I commit myself 100% to understanding your underlying lifestyle and health issues, to providing you with achievable protocols, and to doing my best to help you become your healthiest, happiest self.
NOTE: Please understand that I am NOT a medical practitioner, and what I share is non-medical natural health advice (Complimentary Medicine), and it should not be substituted for specialist medical advice. If in doubt, always consult a medical practitioner first.